Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Jimmy Webb: Still Within the Sound of My Voice

"Kris Kristofferson and I go back to the glory days of The Highwaymen: Kris, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash. He witnessed some of the high and low points of my life. One day in Irving, Texas at Willie's picnic, a.k.a. Farm Aid, Willie asked me to join them on stage to sing my song 'Highwayman.' ... Kris gently coaxed me out in front of 65,000 people who were expecting Johnny Cash. 'Jimmy, they can't tell the difference from way out there!' Here he is on another of my songs, a country hit for Glen Campbell, 'Honey Come Back.' It's a song that has a 'talkin' part.' Glen always hated the talkin' part and wouldn't perform the song live. On the other hand, thespian/Renaissance man Kris just couldn't resist the role of the humble, forgiving hero of this tear jerker! Who can speak or sing with more emotion than Kris Kristofferson? I want to thank him for making so many guest appearances in my life and career" (CD notes by Jimmy Webb).

View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home