Thursday, July 26, 2012

Glen Hansard: Rhythm and Repose

"MR: Glen, let's talk about your new album, Rhythm And Repose. It seems that a lot of these songs are very personal and relationship-oriented. Am I right in assuming that? GH: It is relationship-oriented, but the relationship is really only the vernacular of the language. To be honest, it's relationship-oriented because that's what I've always sung about. But the relationship part is just a part of the language. For instance, the song, 'You Will Become' happens to be about my brother. Other songs may be about my relationship with Ireland. So, yes, it is about relationships, but I think as you get older, those relationships broaden and deepen. In terms of actual romance, there are definitely some songs about that too, but not as many as you'd think. MR: Now, 'Talking With The Wolves' is one of my favorite songs on this album partly because of the line, 'Love that's given easy never dies, it just changes.' That's so true ..." (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with Glen Hansard," Huffington Post, 6/22/12).

View catalog record here!