Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The Summer Set: Everything's Fine

"MR: I really enjoyed the song, 'About A Girl.' But wouldn't you say this entire album is about a girl? BD: Absolutely. I think the whole album, to me, is this 11-song true story of a boy and a girl falling in love with each other for the first time and all of the trials and tribulations that go with that. I feel like it's kind of a true story for everyone, whether you relate to it on your own or whether you want to just believe the story that we're trying to tell. I think it's something that everyone can kind of hold on to and relate to, that was really important when we were putting it together as well. We wrote like thirty-something songs for this record, but we decided that it was really important for us to put out an album that we felt had some consistency lyrically because all of these songs are really just about the hardships of being in a relationship. It may even be about one that I went through in the past couple of years" (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with The Summer Set's Brian Dales," Huffington Post, 8/12/11).
View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home