Thursday, July 01, 2010

Alan Parsons on "Abbey Road"

"MR: Sometimes there are behind the scenes stories the public never hears about when it comes to recording high profile projects. So, that said, how much did you contribute to The Beatles' Abbey Road?
"AP: I made tea and coffee, I was a very junior guy in those days. (laughs) … No, I served my apprenticeship, I did my internship as it were, and learned very quickly. Within a matter of weeks of starting at Abbey Road, I was working on Beatles sessions, so that was an amazing experience, of course. And I was learning from the best, from the best engineers in the business ... Geoff Emerick, Peter Vincent, Tony Clarke, Ken Scott, you know, all of whom became famous engineers and producers.
"MR: Still being modest.
"AP: Oh, no, no, not at all. … I was just happy to be sharing the experience. I was there, I was watching it, I watched the album being made. I pressed play and stop and record when told to do so" (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with Alan Parsons," Huffington Post, 4/1/10).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home