Thursday, November 01, 2012

BeBe Winans: America America

"BW: ... I believe the songs, I pray and hope will remind us all that we're all Americans before any party. ... So I have a right just like anyone else has a right to these wonderful songs, and not only the songs, but the meaning behind the songs because we're all Americans. I'm excited to sing these songs. Being a songwriter, I have just enjoyed the journey of recording this album because these songs come from the heart. They come from experiences. It's been a pleasure for me, and exploration. I've explored that there's more than just one verse to the 'Star Spangled Banner' and to 'My Country 'Tis of Thee.' There are some third and fourth verses that I never knew existed. To me, some of them are even more powerful than the verses that we know. ... 'Ultimate Sacrifice,' along with the title cut 'America America,' along with 'We're the United States of America' are songs that I penned, so I am excited to throw those into the ring of the incredible patriotic songs that we do know. But these are songs that I wrote. 'Ultimate Sacrifice' is a song that I wrote when I went to sing for the troops right before we went to war in Iraq. I was touched by the many brave men and women that I met, and from that moment on, I wanted to say thank you for their sacrifices, so that song is really dedicated to the troops" (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with BeBe Winans," Huffington Post, 7/6/12).

View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home