Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Peter Wolf: Midnight Souvenirs

"PW: [T]his new [solo album] has this incredible singer, Shelby Lynne. Neko Case is quite an interesting artist. One of my favorite singers and songwriters of all time, who to me, is right up there with Van Morrison and Bob Dylan, is Merle Haggard. Doing a duet with Merle Haggard is one of the great things of my life. ... MR... Now, you're not only a recording artist, but also a visual artist, and the album artwork is featured in the album packaging. How entrenched are you on a daily basis with your art? PW: I'm with it pretty much. I have a sketch book with me, and my favorite medium besides oils is pen and ink because it's unforgiving--once you put it on paper you can't change it, you're committed. ... MR: ... By the way, with Midnight Souvenirs being awarded Album of the Year by the Boston Music Awards, what was it like? PW: Yeah, it was very exciting. I put a lot of effort into that album, and it was nice to see it get some recognition. If people are curious, go online, check it out, and give it a listen. I tried so hard to make an album that had a beginning, middle, and end, and I also worked really hard on the packaging, which a lot of people don't get a chance to see" (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with Peter Wolf," Huffington Post, 8/15/11).

View catalog record here!