Monday, February 27, 2012

Keb' Mo': The Reflection

"MR: Speaking of something special, the song 'We Don't Need It' is really beautiful and pretty topical considering the economy. I love how you tell your family you were laid off and how you now won't be able to get things for them like running shoes for your son and a new dress for your daughter. Then, one by one, your family tells you what they're going to do to help, like rake leaves and have a yard sale, because all they need is you. KM: As a kid, that's what I felt. I grew up in a middle class Compton family with my father. I didn't care about the fact my father was broke, I was with my dad" (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with Keb Mo," Huffington Post, 8/8/11).

View catalog record here!

Keb’ Mo’ recently appeared at the White House in an evening of blues with B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Derek Trucks, Gary Clark Jr., Jeff Beck, Mick Jagger, Shemekia Copeland, and Susan Tedeschi. Their White House performance is online at http://pbs.org/whitehouse. You can also find them all at the library!