Monday, February 06, 2012

David Bromberg: Use Me

"MR: Today we're here with the great folk and blues artist, David Bromberg, discussing his newest album entitled Use Me. ... I want to start out by asking you how your approach on this album differed from earlier releases. DB: Well, what I did with this album was called people like Keb' Mo', Los Lobos, and Linda Ronstadt and asked them to write songs for me. Then, I asked them to produce me doing it as well, and pretty much everyone said that they would. Linda didn't write a song because she doesn't really write, but she picked one out for me to do. Since I was asking this much of people, I decided to call the album Use Me. The great thing about the process is that they all knew how to use me - in a good way, of course" (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with David Bromberg," Huffington Post, 7/27/11).
View catalog record here!