Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Amos Lee: Mission Bell

"MR: Let's talk about your new album, Mission Bell. It was produced by Joey Burns of Calexico, and it features Lucinda Williams and Willie Nelson. AL: Yeah, they're both on it. Sam Beam's on it. ... MR: How did your Lucinda Williams collaboration come about? AL: I think Lucinda's Car Wheels On A Gravel Road was one of the records I was really drawn to when I was first writing songs. Her work as a writer and a singer has always touched me deeply. When we were thinking about that song, to me, there was always a female voice in there singing the second verse. When Joey and I were talking about who we could get to sing the part, I really heard her voice on it. We reached out to her, and she happened to be in the studio at the time, so we sent it over. I feel like, as a listener, she takes the song into a whole other place. It really changed the track for me from something that I liked, to something that absolutely had to be on the album" (Mike Ragogna, "Mondo Amore, a Mission Bell, and Joey's Song," Huffington Post, 2/1/11).
View catalog record here!Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home