Thursday, August 01, 2013

Johnny Winter (self-titled)

"My son is (sort of) named for a famous drummer. ... I bring this up as illustrative of my lifelong personal passion for blues music. BB King, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn ... I had them all on vinyl growing up. I also had Johnny Winter's Progressive Blues Experiment (1968) and Johnny Winter (1969), passed down to me by a rocker step brother. Not surprisingly, once my Jamoe was born, between his father and me, he, too, was raised on the stuff. ... So, when I informed both James and his father that I had been contacted by Johnny Winter's people to see if The Beat would be interested in an exclusive interview with the legend himself, they were duly impressed and excited to say the least ..." (Wendy Logan, "Letter from the Editor: Talk about the Blues," The Beat, Summer 2013, p. 4).

View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home