Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Joss Stone: The Soul Sessions, Vol. 2

"The Soul Sessions Vol. 2 is the sixth studio album by English recording artist Joss Stone. It was released on 16 July 2012 by Stone's own independent label Stone'd Records and the label that released her first two albums, S-Curve Records. The album consists of eleven cover versions and is a follow-up to Stone's highly successful debut album The Soul Sessions (2003). ... The album was recorded over two live recording sessions in New York City and Nashville. Stone stated, 'I really had fun revisiting The Soul Sessions' idea and I'm really pleased with the results. I've committed long term to my label Stone'd Records, but it felt right to team up with Steve Greenberg and S-Curve again for this release. I think there are some great songs on the album and I loved performing them with such brilliant musicians.' ... The Guardian's Dave Simpson described the album as 'a powerful, heartfelt and classy comeback', claiming that Stone has 'certainly returned to her debut's soul covers format in more mature and superb voice. Stone has always been a tremendous shouter, but has acquired a vulnerability and ability to truly inhabit emotional songs such as Eddie Floyd's "I Don't Want to Be With Nobody But You" and the Dells' "The Love We Had (Stays on My Mind)"'" (Wikipedia).

View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home