Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Scotty McCreery: Clear As Day

"MR: ... Your new album Clear As Day just hit #1 in Billboard, and it features some very personal songs that seem to fit you perfectly. How did you choose the batch? SM: Well, we had a lot of songwriters in Nashville that were writing songs for us. We actually had a big meeting there when I went for Fan Fest, and we were telling them what we were looking for, and the types of songs we wanted. After that, we had a couple of writers that were writing specifically for me, and they sent some songs our way and they were perfect. They were written just for me; it was beautiful. MR: You're pretty young but with that deep voice, you sound like an old soul.
SM: That kind of happened with the music I grew up listening to. Elvis (Presley) was a big influence on me, and then I listened to old country like Conway Twitty, Merle Haggard, and Johnny (Cash) and all of those guys. So, it was in my blood as a small child. MR: Hey, you just became legal. SM: I turned 18 on Sunday" (Mike Ragogna, "Chatting with American Idol Winner Scotty McCreery," Huffington Post, 10/14/11).

View catalog record here!