Monday, November 07, 2011

John Hiatt: Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns

"MR: ... Your new album Dirty Jeans And Mudslide Hymns kicks off with a pretty universally themed song, 'Damn This Town.' It's true, no matter what town you grow up in, every kid can't wait to get out of it. JH: Yeah, of course, the character in this song is particularly twisted, but I thought it was something that everybody could probably relate to. At some point, we all think 'If I can just get out of here, I know things will be better.' (laughs) But of course, everywhere you go...there you are. MR: And another one that speaks to the basics is ''Til I Get My Lovin' Back.' I think you're saying, in a very sweet way, I can't get my life back on track until I'm done with my love for you. Man, it doesn't get truer than that. JH: Yeah, I thought it was looking at a love story from a little different angle, you know? Sometimes, we don't get into relationships, we take hostages, so it's looking at love from that angle" (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with John Hiatt," Huffington Post, 8/3/11).
View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home