Monday, September 26, 2011

Gregg Allman: Low Country Blues

"MR: So, after you and [producer T-Bone Burnett] bonded, you went into this project together with a hard drive that contained 10,000 blues songs on it. GA: He said, 'Well, how about we peel you off about twenty-five of them and I send them to you, you listen to them over and over, then you pick fifteen of them that you wouldn't mind recording.' MR: What made you choose such a strict blues album this time out? GA: T-Bone is pretty into the blues himself, and this band is out of sight man. They didn't tell me 'til about a week and a half before I was supposed to be there, they said, 'By the way you can't bring your band.' ... He had in mind what he wanted to do, and I had in mind what I wanted to do. I sat home and arranged fifteen of those songs -- well, actually thirteen of them, one I wrote and then another one I threw in there called 'I Can't Be Satisfied.' MR: Dr. John is on the album, right? GA: Yeah. ..." (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with Greg Allman," Huffington Post, 2/16/11).
View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home