Monday, July 01, 2013

Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell: Old Yellow Moon

"'People expect me to be the ultimate cowgirl,' says Emmylou Harris, 'but I never even learned to ride.' The singer is talking about the various misconceptions that go with being a country-music icon. 'And I can't sing nearly as high as folks think I can,' she adds. 'But even when I had those higher notes, I never had what I considered to be a classic, country voice. I'm more of a harmony singer.' That may seem a strange admission from someone who has notched up 26 solo albums and received just under half that number of Grammy awards. But a significant part of her output consists of collaborations. She has duetted with everyone from bluegrass inventor Bill Monroe to Bob Dylan and Mumford & Sons. Then there are the million-selling albums she made with her close friends Linda Ronstadt and Dolly Parton. And now she has reunited with one of her oldest musical partners, Rodney Crowell, for an album of classic country duets entitled Old Yellow Moon" (Alfred Hickling, "Emmylou Harris," Guardian, 3/4/13).

View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home