Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Young the Giant (self-titled)

"Sameer Gadhia ... is a pro at handling the media. ... Young the Giant released their eponymous debut full-length album earlier this year and experienced moderate success playing SXSW and Lollapalooza. But nothing compares to the band's performance at the 2011 MTV video music awards, where Sameer went crowd surfing and then lay flat on the stage belting lyrics to their hit single. The following week sales for the song 'My Body' increased by 220 percent on iTunes. Is the Sameer we see on television the same guy when he hangs out with his buddies on an idle Wednesday? We go behind the interview to find out what he thinks about all the media attention. MC: Do you read the things written about you? SG: I try not to. But I do. I have a weekly Google alert set up. Which is bad. I've been trying to not read them. I've Googled my name every now and then. There is a lot of good stuff, a lot of bad stuff. I try not to read it ..." (Mark R. Collins, "Anatomy of an Interview: Young the Giant at Austin City Limits," Huffington Post, 9/29/11).
View catalog record here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home