Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The Essential Paul Revere & the Raiders

"ML: Well, the band started in the Boise Valley area. I was singing with a group called Clay Chapman and the Idaho Playboys, which was a country band. I was a rockabilly singer. But across the street from where we rehearsed, I could hear rock 'n' roll music coming from a little white house. Turns out, there was a rock 'n' roll band playing there and that's when I thought, 'That's what I want to be in!' And, as fate would have it, they played at a gig at the Elk Lodge and I walked up and demanded to sing a song, they let me, and I ran off the stage. The next day, I was in McClure State Creek wrapping up orders and Paul Revere comes in. He was picking up his order for his drive, and he was telling me the story about this crazy, skinny kid that walked up and crashed their dance and demanded to sing a song. I asked him how the kid was and he said, 'He was pretty good!' So, I whipped off my glasses and my baker's hat and showed him that it was me" (Mike Ragogna, "A Conversation with Paul Revere & The Raiders' Mark Lindsay," Huffington Post, 4/22/11).
View catalog record here!Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home